Business Transformation Project Management Officer at AXA Mansard
Working within the Business Transformation Team and with Project Managers and
Sponsors for on-time and on-budget delivery of Company Project portfolio primarily
by ensuring that the technology, programming and IT development requirements of
projects and business transformation initiatives are efficiently managed.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- The BT Project Management Officer sits at the centre of project management &
business transformation and will be responsible for:
- ensuring all strategy and business transformation initiatives are mapped to
individual discrete projects
- drive the collaboration with the Technology team
- Provide support to all strategy and business transformation projects that
require technology support, especially in developing new applications and
- ensuring projects are properly tracked through the use of relevant templates
- monitoring projects for timely and on-budget conclusions
- confirming that final project results and outcomes are in line with the original
strategic or business transformation objectives they were meant to achieve.
- As part of the Business Transformation team the BTPMO will develop and
maintain an in-depth knowledge of the company’s strategies, business units,
technology applications, transformation drivers and financial performance
expectations to ensure proper oversight over the Company’s Project portfolio
most especially in the use of technology to achieve project objectives.
- Use Agile methodology and other similar approaches to own the annual and
quarterly strategy and transformation project portfolio submission process,
working the Project Managers and Sponsors and Regional team as applicable.
- Apply project management methodologies in managing the execution of projects
& transformation initiatives leveraging on AXA’s methodology.
AXA Mansard Insurance Plc
Job Description for Business Transformation Project Management Officer
- Manage project stakeholders including Project Sponsors, leads and team members
to ensure project objectives are met.
- Collate projects into programs and monitor the achievement of overall program
benefits and report on how the individual projects fit into the program objectives.
- Prepare relevant summary reports annually and monthly on the Company Project
- Drive the achievement of all BTU projects by collaborating with Technology
- Work & collaborate with Business Transformation project teams on research to
identify best practices in their project areas.
- As a member of the Business Transformation unit, participate in other aspects of
Required Skills and Competencies
- Good oral communication and professional writing skills
- Good knowledge of financial markets and financial services industry
- High proficiency in use of IT and technology
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Problem solving and Analytical skills
- Project Management Training or experience
- Experience with or good knowledge of Agile methodology
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Numerate, with research and data analysis skills
- Sound knowledge of Programming languages especially “Ember“ will be an
- Sound knowledge of Application development skills
Angular etc.), VBScript
Qualification & Required Experience
- 5 years total working experience (inclusive of experience in Project teams and/or
large company wide initiatives)
- Strong academic and/or professional records and training
- Relevant first degree in Computer Science, Mathematical Sciences,
Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or Computer Engineering with at least 2 years
cognate experience in systems, web development and database administration.
- Project Management qualifications will be an added advantage