- To deliver real value to allocated portfolios by executing against the given marketing and communication strategy and plan.
- To develop marketing and communications campaign and collateral strategies.
- Develop campaign and collateral strategies. Ensure alignment to the business strategy for the particular portfolio, and the BU Marketing and Communications strategy and brand strategy.
- Translate knowledge of the market into campaign and collateral propositions.
- Project management of marketing and communications campaigns and projects to ensure delivery on time, within budget and on objectives set.
- Ensure centrally coordinated campaigns are translated into local tactics.
- Evaluate all campaigns and projects. This includes the setting of targets, identifying of measurement tools and reporting.
- Collaborate with the relevant Marketing and Communications specialist within Group Marketing to optimise the effectiveness of marketing and communication
Key performance measures
- Understanding and application of the business strategies within the portfolio, and how it relates to the BU and country strategy
- Understanding and application of the BU Marketing and Communications, and brand strategies.
- Quality of the campaign and collateral strategies and plans
- Quality of insight into the market: consumer attitudes and behaviours
- Efficiency and effectiveness of project management
- Quality of marketing and communications charters
- Quality of agency briefs and debriefs
Internal & External Relationships
- Internal relationships with the Wealth Team, Business Unit Heads, Stanbic IBTC staff, Standard Bank staff and other Marketing Managers across the Group
- External relationships with external and Marketing agencies
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A degree in Commerce or Marketing
- Mnimum 8years years’ experience in a Marketing and Communications role from a Finanial Institution, FMCG, Telecommunications or Agency background
- Must have managed a project budget of approximately N300 mil
- Must have experience in managing and leading people
- Working knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Working knowledge of the economic drivers in a business
- Working knowledge of various media and the creative requirements
- Working knowledge of production processes