BitPesa is seeking a driven individual with an interest in frontier markets and strong understanding of marketing to coordinate and execute our marketing strategy in West Africa. Working under the guidance of the Head of Marketing and Communications, the West Africa marketing manager is responsible for the daily management of the organization’s online presence and engagement through social platforms, as well as executing on a community engagement based strategy for Nigeria and Ghana. Administration includes content strategy, develop brand awareness, generate inbound traffic, and cultivate leads and sales.
BitPesa is a digital foreign exchange and payment platform that leverages blockchain settlement to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to and from frontier markets. BitPesa is a market-maker in every major African currency and opens corridors for business payments and trade between frontier markets and the rest of the world. Founded in 2013, BitPesa was the first blockchain company to be licensed by the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority and follows stringent KYC practices.
BitPesa services frontier market businesses and multinationals paying suppliers as far as China and UAE, as well as cryptocurrency traders. Our API also enables international remittance companies to send white-label payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and the DRC.
Manage Social Media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Curate relevant content (images, video and written) to reach the organization’s target audiences
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “social” way while cultivating leads and sales
- Conduct online advocacy and open stream for cross-promotions.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog).
- Maintain ongoing reports
- Become an advocate for BitPesa in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
- Work with the customer service team to manage our WhatsApp groups and nurture our customers
Community Manager for West Africa Manager
- Identify opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the business
- Source, negotiate, and liaison with Nigerian or Ghanaian press and other agencies
- Work with the sales team to host events, meetups, and training sessions relevant to our products
- Attend events and build rapport within the business and cryptocurrency communities
- Come up with create viral and word of mouth strategies to better engage potential customers
- At least 2-3 years of experience in integrated marketing strategy.
- Interest in building communities and generating awareness on Social Media and other marketing channels
- College degree in business or relevant major
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media Platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest or experience in emerging markets such as Southeast Asia, Africa, or LatAm.
- Goal oriented with the ability to work under fast paced and high pressure environments
Should be based in Accra, Ghana, or Lagos, Nigeria. The marketing team works on East African Time, but much of the social media audience is US based.
We would like to start the candidate in a consultancy position and then move them to more of a full time position. Compensation will be based on level of experience.